You’ve made the decision to buy a house – congratulations! That’s a big step for you both personally and financially. As your credit union, we delight in the fact that you’re reaching this milestone, and that’s why we want to help you through the process.
Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or not, this information will help you prepare for your home buying experience.
Your To-Do List
In the next few weeks or months, you’ll be busy getting ready to buy your new house. This simple “to-do” list will help ensure you have all the information you’ll need to get the mortgage process started.
- Establish Your Budget: The financial calculators on our Financial Resource Center guide you through the budgeting process and help you figure out how much you can afford on a monthly basis.
- Check Your Credit Report: Make sure it’s accurate. This is your “report card” on your credit, and any lender will look at your credit report to check your creditworthiness.
- Get Pre-Approved: We can get your loan pre-approved, which could help leverage your offer to buy a home. For example, if you’re competing on an offer and the other home buyer is not pre-approved, you have a better chance of winning the offer.
- Interview a Realtor®: Your Realtor is your guide in the home buying process. You’ll share financial details with them, and you’ll trust them to find the house that fits your needs. Make sure the chemistry is right.
- Know Your Terms: Most people think a 30-year mortgage is the way to go, but there are other terms that may fit your needs much better. Talk about your options with our expert, Amy Clark.
Buying a house is one of the biggest investments of your life. It can certainly be intimidating, but we’re here to help. By choosing to get your mortgage loan with PCCU, we can help you save money. Email or call Amy Clark (NMLS# 488199) with your questions at 765-960-8618.
PCCU is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Lender.