Join us on Veterans Day as we say thank you to those who have served our country in uniform, as well as those who are currently serving far from home.
On Monday, November 11th we’ll be serving cookies and coffee at all three PCCU offices for those who have served in the armed forces. From 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, come in and enjoy a sweet treat as we honor you for your service.
We’ll also set up gratitude stations at all of our locations. We’ll have thank you cards, as well as pens, pencils, and crayons you can use to to write a message to our soldiers, sailors, and other service members serving our nation far from home during the holidays. We’ll collect all of your cards and deliver them to the Indiana chapter of the USO, who will distribute them to service members who can’t make it home to see their loved ones, as they keep us safe and free.
We’ll leave the stations up through Saturday, November 16th to allow you come at your convenience and share your thanks and/or holiday wishes. If you’d like to begin thinking about your message here are some helpful guidelines from the USO:
- Try to keep things light & positive
- Stay away from politics or polarizing topics
- Write from the heart
- Be mindful that may take three to four weeks for your letter to be delivered
Here are some recommended things you might share:
- Start with a generic salutation like “Dear Hero” or “Dear Brave One”
- Express thanks for their selfless service and keeping us safe
- Let them know you support them
- Mention any connections you might have to the military (served yourself, loved one served/serving, etc…)
- Share hobbies or interests
- Write about yourself and your life in a positive way
- Encouraging quotes are appreciated
If you’re not able to stop in and share you can also show your support through the Indiana chapter of the USO.