I’ve seen all sorts of challenges on social media lately, but I’m hoping you won’t ignore this one PCCU Family! It’s all self-paced and will run for the next five weeks. The topics are basic and will help you share some financial know-how with both younger kids and teens. Topics include Opening A Checking Account, Basic Savings, Fraud and Security, Learning How to Budget, Going to College and Paying for It, and finally Using Credit Cards.
Here is your challenge parents!
There are 17 articles that take about 5 minutes each to read. Within each article there are calculators and/or coaching sessions and other helpful information. Once you’ve read the article click the button and answer a challenge question. We’ll select four adult* winners with the correct answers who’ll receive $50 each! You have until 11:59 pm on April 30, 2020 to complete them.
If you have children or grandchildren between 13 and 17 years old, invite them to read the articles and answer the challenge questions and enter a teen drawing for four $25 prizes. They must be 13 years of age or older and use their own separate email address. They have until 11:59 pm on April 30, 2020 to complete them.
But that’s not all!
Part Two of the Challenge!
PCCU has partnered with Banzai for many years offering these courses in local schools and now we’re making it available to your kids at home as part of the Family Financial Fitness Challenge.
With Banzai, we offer an interactive financial journey through three fun simulation games. Start by taking a pre-test to gauge your financial knowledge before playing the game, then work through the simulation to get a hands-on look at keeping track of your finances. The game ends with a post-test to see what you learned!
And here is where it gets super fun for the whole family! We have challenges for kids (8 to 12), teens (13 to 18), and young adults (18+).
Earn up to 200 Super Saver Bucks for completing Banzai Jr!
- Create or use your existing login and complete the Banzai Jr Course. Each child has their own login and profile that keeps track of your pre and post test scores and whether you’ve completed the course. But NO information is shared with the CU about their profile if they are 12 or under.
- Screen print their profile or take a picture of it to get credit for their hard work after they’ve completed the pre/post tests and game
- Email the screen print to email@example.com or text photo to 765-993-3069, to claim 100 Super Saver Bucks.
- For fun share the name of the badges you earn while playing the game!
- You can play the game as many times as you want, but the maximum reward for submitting your profile twice is 200 Super Saver Bucks! You’ve got until 11:59 pm on April 30, 2020 to complete the course and email your profile.
Complete Banzai Teen for some CASH!
- Create or use your existing login and complete the Banzai Teen course!
- We can track your pre/post test and course completion if you are 13 and over.
- You will be entered into a drawing for one of four – $25 cash deposits for teens to their PCCU savings account.
- Play the game as many times as you want, but you can only enter the drawing once. You’ve got until 11:59 pm on April 30, 2020 to enter.
Banzai Plus – Teens & Adults Ready to Make A New Move
- Create or use your existing login and complete the Banzai Plus course.
- We’ll track your pre/post test and course completion progress if you are 13 or over.
- After completing this course we’ll reward you for opening a new PCCU Ultimate Checking account with a debit card by depositing $25 into it.
- If you already have an Ultimate Checking account we will enter you into a cash drawing for to win one of four $50 cash deposits. You’ve got until 11:59 pm on April 30, 2020 to enter. Play the game as many times as you want, but you can only enter the drawing once.
*Must be 18 years of age or older to qualify for the adult drawing.
PCCU staff and family are not eligible to enter or win.